Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Ok here I am........

I voted to take the rest of this month off and to lay in my bed indulging in pumpkin pie wearing nothing but comfy jammies and waiting for this baby to arrive, however my request for this was denied. Instead I am waddling through my days wearing the only pair of pants that fit me, being taxi driver for the preschool runs, packing lunches and carrying around a very adorable 19 month old girl (shhh don't tell my midwife). I am having some mixed emotions as I await the arrival of this baby, how will my little Eva handle not being the complete boss of this house? Will she still feel and get the needed attention that she so desperately desires? How will the boys deal with one more baby and a lot more independence as I nurse and care for baby? Will I ever sleep or feel rested again? (I will answer no on this one already) Will I relax and let things just be chaos here for a few weeks or will I over do it and be crazy super overachieving mom? I am glad that the end is near, I will try to stop and breath and enjoy feeling baby move, and enjoy the perfect state of being I am in right now. I will breath in and let it out.

8 comments:

::lindsay said...

I vote on being in comfies and eating that pumpkin pie! Seriously, though, you are a terrific mom and I'm sure you and the rest of your sweet family will adjust to your newest arrival in no time at all! I'm glad you are enjoying these last weeks before the baby is born.

Take care and eat some fun treats for me!

PRP said...

Ugh, those last few weeks are so incredibly hard. I envy you and your positive attitude. You can do it! Take time to take care of yourself and you'll then be able to take care of everyone else. Good luck!

Kristen said...

Oh Sara, I feel your pain! It's so hard! I constantly feel torn and wonder if I'm doing enough, could I do more. At night after everyone is in bed I wonder did I hug everyone enough, kiss, tell them I love them etc...but I remember that Heavenly Father would never give me more than I can handle, and I am constantly reminded with their sweet faces that they know they are loved, adored, and it's ok that the house is a little crazy at times, as long as they know we are a family and they ate loved!
You are awesome I've seen you with your kids and they know they are loved...it's all over their faces! No worries!!

Enjoy the last bit of the pregnancy because your sleep is going to go out the window....I think I forgot that part....ugh!

Heather said...

So close, and so exciting. Eva is going to be a great big sister! Now go eat some pumpkin pie and get in bed. :)

sue said...

Eva we always be the adorably little boss of the house

Jennica said...

Hey, you ever need a break....I'd be happy to take Jack to school or pick him up after and drop him off. Seriously call my cell 713-0590. Let me know when that little one comes!

Jillyn said...

I'm so excited for you Sara!! Just hang in there! You're doing great!

ks said...

I can't remember your exact due date but it's got to be close! Good luck as you begin this next chapter! I know I always stress before a baby comes, but then once the baby is here I can see what needs to be done to adjust and get to work. It's fun to hear about how your kids are doing. I like the Jack's name for Gateway, btw. :) Cute. We're thinking about you and praying for you as you await a new little one!