Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Belated Anniversary Post!!!


John and I celebrated six years together on April 2nd. I am forever touched by his generosity and complete devotion. I love him in ways that I never knew I could love someone. He is my biggest fan, love of my life,
best father to the best kids,
my super hero, toast maker,
my personal musician and best friend.

Believe it or not John and I have never been on a trip alone at any point during our marriage. (Honeymoon was cancelled due to me vomiting.... awful first couple days of marriage) So, we planned a much needed getaway for the two of us. We stayed the night at the Davenport Hotel in Downtown Spokane. We enjoyed a yummy lunch at great little rock-star cafe, and then went shopping for clothes and shoes (I was seriously spoiled). We relaxed and went on a gondola Ride over Spokane Falls. Dinner was fabulous we ate at The Melting Pot...... oh my I was in heaven. We slept in a lush bed and we had a wonderful room service breakfast and it was the best weekend we have shared just the two of us.

John, thank you for taking a chance and letting your heart decide your fate.

Love,
Myla

6 comments:

Shayla said...

Happy Anniversary! Sounds like we had a very similar weekend trip to Spokane for our anniversary, as well. It only took us 11 years to get away by ourselves...it was unimaginably nice. In fact, I'm starting to think it might have all been a dream... We should probably do that more often, huh? :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

Happy Anniversary to a very sweet couple.
This year we are celebrating our
16th anniversary and we've never been away alone either, we've always had at least one baby with us. I keep hoping that this could be the year, we'll see.
Hope you have a great day.

Heather said...

Oh heaven! I love me some melting pot... So glad you got some alone time- it's the best. Happy 6 to you!

Danna said...

That's so great! I'm glad you guys had fun! It was well overdue!

ks said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!!! I think that "getaways" are more appreciated the longer you are married! I would love to go and have a week honeymoon NOW, when Joe and I know each other so much better and I'd appreciate the time away from daily routine. Glad you had such a good time!

The Stevens: said...

I can't believe this is the first time you've gotten away together... I'm so happy for you, sounds like you had a great time! (Love the new background)