Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Emma and Joesph

Last Sunday we had the lesson on Joesph Smith's letters to his family and his wife Emma. I loved reading this lesson and hearing the love he had for his family and his wife. I recently watched "Emma Smith, My story" with my mother-in-law. It was beautifully done and very touching, I enjoyed hearing the personal feelings she had as she endured so much trial and persecution. She was truly an elect lady. I have had a great desire to seek out more literature about her life and her personal struggles. (If anyone has read any great books, let me know)
This is a quote that I love, from Joesph to Emma:

“Remember that I am a true and faithful friend to you and the children forever. My heart is entwined around yours forever and ever. Oh, may God bless you all.”

3 comments:

Gosfam said...

You guys are way ahead of us lesson wise. I am teaching that lesson the 2nd Sunday in Dec. Anyways I am looking forward to it, and I also highlighted that quote. Any tips for me or things you especially enjoyed hearing?

document said...

In "Rough Stone Rolling" Bro. Bushman talks about Joseph's relationship to Emma quite a bit, he quotes their correspondence several times, giving a feeling of deep love and affection towards his wife while constantly seeking her love and approval.

Wendy Christensen said...

We had the same lesson on Sunday and I was so touched by his letters to Emma. They were very sweet, loving and romantic. I'm a sap for love letters!