Wednesday, February 6, 2008

So Blue


I am fast approaching 7 days of pure couch time. I am so blue from being laid up on the coach or bed for every second and minute of the day. I am managing the pain by taking a wonderful drug cocktail to help eliminate the inflammation, pain, muscle spasms, and severe head ache. I am feeling very tired and useless.
I am glad however that I am not in worse condition, the other lady involved in the accident has a broken hip, collapsed lung, shattered pelvis and a broken leg. Although I am in a lot of pain I am no where near that bad.
John and I are still waiting to hear back about the car they are sending people out to look at it and determine weather it is a total or not. Duh, I think that when both air bags come out and your front end is smashed on the ground and your radiator and engine are exposed you would think that would be a no brainier, but thats the insurance agency for ya. John went to the tow yard and was in shock at the way the van looked, he said you could hardly tell from the inside that the van had been hit except for the air bags and the bumper that was laying across the back seats.
I know I will feel less depressed and a lot better once I can move around and I can be off the meds. I feel a little alone but, I guess the world must go on even with out me.

9 comments:

Heather said...

AWWWW.... I lost your number. Call me, or give it to me again!!

Jan said...

Prayers are with you Sarah. That is something to be blue about.

Gosfam said...

oh my goodness-car accidents are no fun at all. been through that. I hope you get better soon. Thinking of you. I feel like a shut in myself lately :) Babysitting 24/7 is starting to take a toll. Hang in there.

Shayla said...

Oh Sara, I'm sorry you're having to go through this. Thank goodness for the drugs, although, even they can get old after awhile. Do you have enough help with the kiddos? Take care of yourself and let me know if I can come over and cheer you up or clean up your house or take your boys for awhile.

meohmyers said...

Sara! I'm so sorry this happened! But like everyone else has said, atleast your boys weren't with you and you weren't injured more severely. What a nightmare to have to recuperate from! I'm sorry you're feeling blue. Here's to a speedy recovery and quality time off the couch!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you got in that horrible accident! I am so sorry! I hope you get better soon. Let me know if you need any help. My number's still the same!

Megan said...

Sara,

let me know what I can do! if you'd like company, I can stop in sometime, do dishes, vacuum, whatever. . .just let me know. call if you want to talk

Alicia Leppert said...

Sarah, who is taking care of your kids? There is no way you can, please tell me you have help during the day. If I was healthy, I would come over tomorrow. I am so sorry, really, that must suck. In times like this all I can tell myself is, "It has to get better, it can't last forever..." hang in there, we love you!

PRP said...

Ugh! And I thought my week was bad! I hope your taking advantages of all offers of help-let someone else ease your burden. Add me to the list if there is anything I can do.

Hang in there!