Sunday, January 27, 2008

Beloved Prophet


The news of the passing of President Hinckley earlier this evening came as a shock. I knew that he was older (97) but to look at him and to hear him speak you thought he was just a young man. He was so vibrant and full of life. I feel a little bittersweet about his passing, I know he is with his wife, whom he dearly loved but I am so saddened by his passing. I am so grateful for all of his hard work and tremendous gifts to the church. The church has changed so much over the course of his time as prophet. He gave us the Proclamation to the World, the Living Christ, The raising of the bar, the introduction of "small" temples, the change in the enrichment program, YW program, the 6 bees as well as numerous other things too many to mention. He was dearly loved by me and will be greatly missed. I hope all of you the best as we remember President Hinckley.

4 comments:

::lindsay said...

I, too, will dearly miss President Hinckley. I have always considered him "my prophet" because he's the only prophet I've ever known since joining the church.

Alicia Leppert said...

I was so sad to hear. I really was shocked, too, for the same reason. I had no idea he was anywhere near dying, even with the cancer. I am going to miss him so much.

Jennica said...

It came as a shock to me as well. He has been The Prophet for me since the start of Seminary, so I will dearly miss him. What a tremendous man he was and how inspiring. His dedication and oh, his humor. Such a cute man!

Jan said...

Sara. Thanks for this post. I loved seeing your kids for the first time in your blog. When I left 6th ward, you were just having your first. Your as adorable as ever. JBarron