Thursday, April 30, 2009

Surgery

Eva's surgery which was planned for Friday of this week got moved, so she actually had it done Monday of this week. All is well and she did great. John and I decided to stick with the Doctor who has been treating her here locally. He is doing a phenomenal job and Eva loves the him and his staff. 
The surgery which actually seemed more like a procedure was so quick and easy. She was numbed from her mid calf down and then the Doctor made a small cut into her Achilles tendon. This released her foot and will help to make everything go back in to then normal position it should be in. She was immediately casted again and will be in this last set for three weeks. Then we will be starting her shoes. I felt so relaxed during the whole thing. John was able to stay the whole time, 
(I stepped out due to my problem with fainting at the littlest sight of blood) I came in just as they were starting to cast her. I am so thankful for the competent nurses and her amazing doctor for being so professional and yet making us feel at home, and letting us be a part of the whole procedure. Eva is happy and smiling in my arms as write this, we are one lucky family. 

7 comments:

Danna said...

I'm so glad that everything went well. We can't wait to see you guys! I can't wait to hold little Eva! We got your little announcement. She is beautiful! Love you all! See you...tomorrow!

Ben and Alissa said...

I am so happy for you that things went well and that you were able to feel calm during the procedure. I can't wait to see more pictures of her on your blog!

Jamie said...

So glad everything went so well. Can't wait to see more pictures of her!

Kate said...

That is great!! So happy to hear it went well :)

Debie Spurgeon said...

I'm happy everything went so well with the surgery. Keep us posted.

CatherineWO said...

You've all been in our thoughts and prayers all week. We're also happy to hear that it went so well. I hope Jack had a happy birthday too.

The Christensen Family said...

I am glad to hear that everything went good. I hope all continues to go well. Prayers are with you.