Wednesday, April 23, 2008

American Idol


I must admit I did not want to write a post about this subject but enough is enough. I had to break down and address some very important issues regarding one of my all time favorite shows. Yes, I am talking about American Idol. Last night was a weird show. I love musicals and I love Andrew Loyd Webber, however I don't get why they would have a pop star competition use "musical" songs. None the less I was surprised at how well everyone did. Almost everyone that is. I think Syesha did great and I would much rather see her performing in a musical then in a concert. I liked David (Deacon) Archuleta {thats how I refer to him I just can imagine him passing the sacrament and the little girls swooning} and Carly, and well Jason was Jason.
The two contestants that I feel the strongest about are Brooke and David. Let me start with David Cook. I love him and think he is so talented. I adore his song choices and admire the risks he takes. I will most certainly buy his album. I loved that he choose that song for last nights performance. I love that song and he did an awesome job. He hit that high note perfectly. I could see him as the phantom, although no one will ever take Gerard Butler's place in my heart (that is a whole other post).
Brooke what in the world has happened to you. She seems to be on the verge of a nervous breakdown during performances and the sad lip thing when the judges are commenting is a little old. Starting and stopping a song has now become her trade mark. She is just to much for me and is beyond annoying. For all of you Brooke lovers out there sorry. She has now made it to the top on "vote for the worst". Brooke here is a tissue and a taxi cab home.

6 comments:

document said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
document said...

"no one will ever take Gerard Butler's place in my heart"

.....

That's true.

.....

:(

Debie Spurgeon said...

I love your new background. See I was thinking Michael Crawford during David C's song. He's the one I think of when I think Phantom.
This AI is a popular topic today.

Jan said...

What do you think now Sara? Are you shocked? I am.

The Stevens: said...

Goodbye Carly:( I was so sad last week with the departure of Carly. David Cook, and Archuleta are my favorites for sure, but I like Brooke as well. She's so sweet. (I liked your comment though, it made me laugh, I totally understand the "pouty lip" business:)

Jennica said...

Yes, Brooke it not performing very well, but I loved her in the beginning. BUt not Carly! I loved her! The dreads should have gone home or Syesha because although she did well, she's never been great! David Cook has got to win, he's the one with ALL the talent. His voice is amazing in a rock ballad or whatever, and he's just so comfortable with himself on stage and infront of everyone. I hate when people are all awkward and uncomfortable.